Saturday, September 1, 2012

Frozen custard and a shopping trip

Ritters Frozen Custard...Nom, Nom

Yesterday was tag along With dad day. At first we had a relaxing morning, sleeping in and having a simple breakfast. Afterwards, we hopped in the van and headed out. Our first stop was Camping World. I picked up a satellite dish in hopes of getting our DirectTV hooked up. After several hours messing with the unit and unsuccessful connection with our service, I went to the Internet for answers. To my dismay, the type of receiver we have won't work. There are some extra pieces that power the signal. Actually called a power inserted and necessary in order for it to work.So today I will have to return my dish and hope they they take it back.

After Camping World, we visited Gander Mountain. I was excited to see that they had a Ruger Redhawk with mounted scope(I am a gun nut). The problem was they wanted too much for it being used, and that it was dirty to boot. I really thought about it, but walked away as I can always find better deals. My neighbor at our campground is a gun nut too and we have spent quite a few hours talking guns. He is better than I at finding deals. I have a lot to learn from this guy.

As you probably guessed, this isn't the minion friendly activity, and they began to get a bit unruly. We promptly found a frozen custard shop and had ourselves a treat. Ritters was awesome. Tons of great options and plenty of kid friendly choices. As you can see in the picture, they were enjoying themselves.

Jen is enjoying her morning

On the way back we got stopped in traffic. After a long delay, we pulled off and found a churches chicken for dinner. Right next to it was a gun store with indoor range. This will be a great place to check out later. I did stop in for a sec. While only taking a quick glance, I began to drool over their Kimber selection. 

After dinner, we headed back to Arrakis taking the back roads. I messed with our satellite connection as mentioned before and gave up. Finally, we just kicked back, enjoyed the evening together as the kids played and I rested. 

No comments:

Post a Comment