Friday, September 7, 2012

Making memories...

Minions roasting hotdogs in the camp fire

Living the RV dream...

The one thing that blows me away about living full time in the RV is all the simple and fun adventures we share as a family. Today, as I got home from a day full of meetings and a long drive, I was greeted with excited and happy campers. Today the are getting to roast hot dogs in the camp fire.

Simple right? Absolutely. 

But it is simple things such as roasting hot dogs in the fire that provide fun and excitement on the road. At home we would probably grill or cook the hot dogs on the stove and have dinner at the table. No real excitement there. Change the scenery, roast the hot dogs over the fire and sitting in camping chairs, now you have adventure.

I think that is one of the fondest memories I have as a kid. The rugged outdoors, cooking your own food, and laughing and sharing during the process implants long, fun loving memories. It is something that the kids and I love to do. Along with fun, it is fairly cheap to do.

Uno playing guitar

The kids thought that playing music and singing by the campfire would make the event even more special. Uno brought out her guitar, my son brought his djembe, all while the rest of us lent our voices to some songs as we watched the sun set. That my friends are moments that make me more resolute that living this strange and fun lifestyle more fun.

Every day is an adventure if you look for it. I am sure you and duplicate this at home living in the traditional way. However, I think that living in our RV, on the road with the kids, it is just easier. They can play, explore, and see new sites and have new adventures almost daily. It truly is an escape from normalcy. We can escape competing with the Jones's. We can set our own expectations, living a life more fulfilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment