Thursday, August 30, 2012

We are the three Amigos.... Amigos forever we'll be


Not too long ago...
In a far off state...
Miles, and Miles Away...
Three cousins (actually two brothers and their cousin....making them all cousins) plotted to rule the world!
ZwanZig Pizza
Today was a good day. I survived another day at my new client location. Jen had made it home safe to exchange things out and bring new thing from home to the camper. She had a chance to reconnect with family by having dinner with her parents. The girls, Uno and Dos, got a chance to reconnect with a friend.

That left me to my own devices. I called my brother up who lives thirty miles from my office and decided to have dinner. My cousin from Houston, who is a consultant for a technology company, has been working in Columbus, IN on a contract. This is probably the first time in a long time that these three have been together in the same room for more than thirty minutes. Each of us with family, it just seems hard to get time to spend together.

It wasn't so long ago... well, long enough I guess, that these three guys stayed up late eating pizza, watching questionable movies, and causing mass hysteria. My step dad Randy, when hearing of our plans to get the three of us together, had said that there is trouble waiting to happen. Sadly, I think that was behind us. We were more content to eat good food, have fun conversation, and enjoy our cult favorite movie 'Office Space.'
Watching Office Space
I guess that can be exciting right? I mean, dinner and a movie, what is better than that. No crazy parties, no drunken Hawaiian dances. It was us kicking back, laughing at the good parts. Certain scenes make us laugh, or share a story. It was a lot of fun.

After the movie was over, I headed home after saying my good byes. It was good once again to reconnect with Scott and Chris. Reminder of the good times, and for now since we are all in the same area for a while, a chance to reconnect. I am sure there will be dinners together in our future.

After driving home, I was greeted by our neighbors. they are an interesting couple. They are salt of the earth people and have a million stories to tell. I had meant to go straight to bed when I pulled in. After an hour and a half later, I graciously dismissed myself from the conversation and headed to Arrakis.

I talked with Jen and she is doing well. She was laughing about how she is so tired of the 'stuff'. With all the room that we have in the house, she was still finding herself tripping over toys in the kids room. The one thing that living in the RV has taught us, it is that there really is a point of having too much stuff. She is looking forward to coming back to the RV because quite frankly, an RV is much simpler to maintain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment