Saturday, August 11, 2012

The Waze To Go


Waze is a life saver!

How can I count the Waze?

How would you like instant notification of police in the area (if you like to drive fast)? You get an audible letting you know that you should be looking out for them.

Need to know if there are hazards on the road? Waze will alert you of cars, or other items on the road that you need to watch for.

Is the weather bad? How about traffic (how fast, how heavy, standstill)? Waze will let you know of the hazardous conditions, speed of traffic if slowed down, and other conditions that make your daily commute more informed.

Would you like a turn by turn navigation for free? Waze provides that as well. I am very impressed with this app. You earn points, can build a social network, , edit maps, and make the experience shared by all much better!



We used it to help find dinner yesterday. I wanted chicken wings. Something called out to my soul... 'Buffalo Wild Wings, Buffalo Wild Wings.' I said to my soul, 'It's not on my diet.' My soul could not be abated. I found myself traveling, with family in tow, and the Waze app running on my phone, delivering me to the promised land of wings.

What a great place, Sports, kid friendly food, chicken wings, buzz time trivia. I asked the manager if we could take up residence. He shook his head no, he said something like 'policy' and 'strange request' and 'you are freaking me out.' So we parted ways, I with full belly and the kids in tow. Even little T-Rex ate her Mac-N-Cheese, so that was a plus.

We were able to leave our table with only one spill. Dos, though drenched, had enjoyed herself too. We finished the evening with some kid movie that was interesting, a little over acted, and well... boring. I left to my comfy bed with book in tow. It was a great evening.


No comments:

Post a Comment